Find out the best Amazon Prime discounts for moms and even grab an Amazon Prime membership free trial while you’re here to test drive it for yourself. Take advantage of Amazon Family (formerly Amazon Mom), free 2-day shipping, and so much more!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase using a link provided I may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! You can read my full disclaimer here.
It was 3 am and I was trying my hardest to stay awake while nursing my daughter.
That’s how it all began.
Every day a new package would be sitting on the porch. “Another one?!” My husband would always ask.
We boiled it down to 2 solutions so we could avoid eating ramen noodles for an entire month…
- I would be more considerate of our finances AND
- We would get Amazon Prime so we can take advantage of all the savings.
So if you find yourself with an absurd amount of Amazon packages being delivered to your front door, you’ll want to stick around till the end of this article. But first…
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription offered by Amazon to give members, which includes you and your household, additional services and discounts.
This subscription can either be paid monthly or annually (which saves you around $30).
If you prefer to test drive the Amazon Prime membership before investing, they offer a 30-day free trial.
How does Amazon Prime work?
One thing I love about Amazon Prime is that you don’t have to do anything special to save money.
At the top of your Amazon account you’ll see Amazon Prime which means you’ll automatically see all of the discounted prices while you shop.
Benefits of Amazon Prime for busy moms
Let’s get to the juicy goodness of Amazon Prime. These are the perks and benefits you can enjoy with your Amazon Prime membership.
You’ll have multiple shipping options available depending on the items you’ve selected. These shipping options include:
- 2-Day shipping
- Same-day delivery
- 2-hour delivery
- Release-date delivery
- No-rush shipping: Have your items delivered at a later date.
- Amazon Day: Choose which day you’d like your items delivered each week.
When placing your order you can decide which shipping option you’d like from the list of available options.
From our experience, streaming is so much better (and cheaper) than cable or satellite. Here are the streaming benefits you’ll enjoy with your Amazon Prime membership.
- Prime Video: Stream an UNLIMITED amount of movies and TV episodes.
- Amazon Channels: Watch shows and movies from premium channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, and STARZ (no cable required).
- Prime Music: Unlimited access to hundreds of Prime Playlists (without ads).
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Get discounted music monthly or annually.
- Prime Gaming: Enjoy free games, in-game content, and a free channel subscription on Twitch.tv.
Do you do most of the shopping for your family? If so, you’ll love these shopping perks!
- Exclusive discounts at Whole Foods Market and 2-hour grocery delivery in some locations.
- Amazon 4-star and Amazon Books Stores you pay the same price you would pay online.
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card earns you 5% back on all Amazon.com purchases. You also get rewards everywhere else you shop.
- Amazon Prime Store Card: Get 5% back on Amazon.com purchases.
- Amazon Fresh gets you free grocery delivery with one or two-hour delivery options (depending on your location).
- Prime Wardrobe gives you 7 days to try on clothing at home from eligible categories (women’s, men’s, kids’, and baby clothing, shoes, and accessories) before deciding what you want to keep. You’re only charged for what you keep.
- With Prime Pantry you shop for groceries and household products that are shipped separately from Amazon for a small fee. You’ll get free delivery on Prime Pantry orders of $35 or more.
- Personal Shopper is when you pay an additional monthly membership fee to receive a monthly styling service.
- Amazon Family saves you up to 20% off diapers, baby food, and more through Subscribe & Save. You also get 15% off eligible products from your baby registry.
- Prime Early Access gives you 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com.
- Amazon Elements gives you access to Amazon Elements products which is Amazon’s own line of everyday essentials.
Sitting down to read a book may be next to impossible, but I always try to read at least one book each month using Audible. Prime members receive 2 free credits the first month meaning you get 2 free audiobooks to get you started.
Here are a few other Prime benefits if you enjoy reading.
- Prime Reading lets you borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog. You can read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or the Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android.
- Amazon First Reads gives you (members in the U.S.) early access to download a new book for free every month from the Amazon First Reads picks.
With Amazon Household, you can share your Prime benefits with your spouse or another adult living in the same household.
These benefits can also be shared with your teen or tween under your designated parental controls.
You have so many pictures of your kiddos and your phone keeps telling you your storage is almost full.
Amazon Photos gives you secure, unlimited photo storage. You also get enhanced search and organization features so you’re not searching for hours trying to find that silly family picture from vacation.
Amazon Prime Day
Amazon Prime Day is an annual event exclusively for Prime members that gives them deals and discounts from small businesses and top brands.
It usually takes place in July except for 2020 it took place in October due to the pandemic.
It’s a 2-day event that gives you steep discounts (like over 50% off) on items like the Instant Pot, robot vacuums, and baby essentials.
How do you join Amazon Prime?
By now you’re probably sitting on the edge of your seat with anticipation ready to get started. Great news…the process is very simple and straightforward!
But first, you have to have a current, valid credit card (or debit card). If so, here’s what to do next…
- CLICK HERE which will take you to the Amazon Prime free trial page.
- Click “Start your free trial”.
- Follow the simple instructions.
During your 30-day free trial you’ll enjoy all of the same benefits paid members get access to.
At the end of your free trial you’ll automatically be upgraded to a paid membership so make sure to cancel your membership before your 30-days are up if you weren’t satisfied with the service.
How do you get a discount on Amazon Prime with EBT?
Amazon gives Prime members a 50% discount if you receive SNAP EBT benefits or Medicaid.
You can shop eligible groceries and get free shipping.
If you have SNAP EBT or Medicaid CLICK HERE to get started.
Is Amazon Prime worth it?
My favorite benefit of Amazon Prime as a busy mom is Amazon Family. Not only do we save 20% on diapers, but they also automatically get delivered each month so I don’t have to worry about running out.
Although we’re paying for a monthly membership, the amount I would’ve paid for shipping would’ve been much higher.
So for me it’s well worth it with the amount of items I have delivered. Try a 30-day free trial and see how beneficial it is for yourself!